This fits perfectly into the Metamorphosis analogy. You see you can not enter into the cocoon (give your life to Jesus) and not come out changed. Have you ever heard of a caterpillar spinning a cocoon and then emerging later still a caterpillar? Of course not, it is impossible for a caterpillar to emerge from the cocoon unchanged. So it is when we give our lives over to Christ, we simply cannot give our life over to God and remain unchanged, it cannot happen.
So if you find your self believing that you have already given God a chance, but that He simply didn’t make a difference in you life then I would encourage you to really give Him a chance this time. Because if you honestly open yourself to Christ, if you allow Him full access in your life, and don’t try and make Him fit your mold, don’t try and turn Him into some sort of cosmic vending machine, you will find yourself changed; I guarantee it.

And in the words of Skillet. “This is the last night you’ll spend alone. Look me in the eyes so I know you know, I’m everywhere you want me to be. The last night you spend alone, I’ll wrap you in my arms, and I won’t let go; I’m everything you need me to be.”
No comments:
Post a Comment