Thursday, April 26, 2007

I'll be back tomorrow

I have a dream... actuallly many of them.
They draw together to form constalations.
The hope of many nations,
In shapes we know and love.
Clouds of doubt blot out my sky,
The lightning flashes of of resistance catch my eye.
The cold winds of fear, chill me to the bone.
Can I make it there, so far from home?
My stars are real,
My dreams have faces.
Voices calling from many places.
Hearts breaking, hope lost.
I've come too far to count the cost.
A young woman crying on a bloody bed,
A young man cradling a friend who's dead.
Hatred fueling bitter wars,
Body counts so high they've raised the floors.
Deception, a silent killer.
If you're not carefull, it'll change the face in the mirror.
Peace so hard to find,
In a world that's blind, to any real answers.
Truth a vapor tossed upon the wind,
No longer known by men, to whom it's but a memory.
Direction, destiny, design; two roads in my mind.
Trying to find the answers, searching for the signs.
Poetry, an expression of the soul.
But a tiny puzzle piece, of a much greater whole.
I hate to say but the end is near, but have no fear.
Just shed a tear and know that I'll be back tomorrow

No comments: